Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Frozen 2 including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
“Frozen 2” is an animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios. It is the sequel to the highly successful 2013 film “Frozen” and was released in 2019. The movie continues the adventures of the beloved characters from the first film, Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven, as they embark on a new journey to discover the truth about the past and the origin of Elsa’s magical powers.
In “Frozen 2,” Elsa begins hearing a mysterious voice calling out to her from the enchanted forest. Determined to understand the source of the voice and the reason behind her powers, Elsa, along with Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, and Sven, sets out on a quest to the enchanted forest. The forest holds the key to the past and the truth about their kingdom of Arendelle.
During their journey, they encounter the Northuldra people, the indigenous inhabitants of the forest, and learn about a long-standing conflict between the Northuldra and Arendellians. The movie delves into themes of self-discovery, sacrifice, and the power of sisterhood and friendship.
“Frozen 2” features a compelling storyline with heartwarming moments, dazzling animation, and catchy songs, just like its predecessor. The film’s soundtrack, composed by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, includes memorable songs like “Into the Unknown,” “Show Yourself,” and “Lost in the Woods.”
The movie was a commercial and critical success, grossing over $1.45 billion worldwide and becoming the highest-grossing animated film of all time upon its release. It was praised for its stunning visuals, emotional storytelling, and the growth of the characters. “Frozen 2” received several award nominations and won the Best Animated Feature at the 92nd Academy Awards.
The film’s success further solidified the “Frozen” franchise as one of Disney’s most popular and beloved animated series. It continues to be cherished by audiences of all ages around the world.
Frozen 2 Fun Facts
- The film’s release date, November 22, 2019, marked the sixth anniversary of the original Frozen’s release.
- The film’s budget was around $150 million.
- Frozen 2 is the first animated feature film ever to be digitally mastered in Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
- The filmmakers traveled to Norway, Finland, and Iceland for inspiration when creating the film’s setting and characters.
- Evan Rachel Wood, who plays Queen Iduna, recorded a cover of the song “All Is Found” for the end credits.
- Sterling K. Brown, who plays Lieutenant Destin Mattias, wrote a letter to himself as a child, which he used to inform his portrayal of the character.
- The filmmakers consulted with the Sami people of Scandinavia to ensure that the portrayal of the Northuldra people was culturally accurate and respectful.
- The film features a water spirit named the Nokk, which is based on Scandinavian folklore.
- The song “Into the Unknown” was initially written for Elsa to sing while walking through the ice palace in the first Frozen movie.
- The animators used a new technology called Swoop to create Elsa’s flowing dress and hair, which allows for more natural movement.
- Kristen Bell: Anna
- Idina Menzel: Elsa
- Josh Gad: Olaf
- Jonathan Groff: Kristoff
- Santino Fontana: Hans
- Evan Rachel Wood: the Queen (Iduna)
- Sterling K Brown: Lieutenant Mattias
- Jason Ritter: Ryder
- Martha Plimpton: Yelana
- Alfred Molina: King Agnarr
- Rachel Matthews: Honeymaren
- Directed by: Jennifer Lee, Chris Buck
- Produced by: Peter Del Vecho
- Screenplay by: Jennifer Lee and Allison Schroeder
- Music: Christophe Beck
Frozen 2 Trailer:
- Jennifer Lee on ‘Wish,’ Leading Disney Animation and the Future of ‘Frozen’, November 22, 2023
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Confirms ‘Frozen 4’, November 17, 2023
- World of Frozen Unveiled in Historic Grand Opening Ceremony at Hong Kong Disneyland,
- Disney Expands ‘Frozen’ Universe With Original Podcast Series, August 23, 2023
- Jennifer Lee Will Not Be Returning to Direct “Frozen 3”, June 17, 2023