Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Description
“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” is a 2011 fantasy adventure film and the fourth installment in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film series. It was produced by Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Films and directed by Rob Marshall. The film stars Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow, Penélope Cruz as Angelica, Ian McShane as Blackbeard, and Geoffrey Rush as Captain Hector Barbossa.
In this installment, Captain Jack Sparrow sets out on a quest to find the Fountain of Youth after hearing rumors that his nemesis Blackbeard is also seeking the legendary fountain’s power. Jack is joined by Angelica, a woman from his past and Blackbeard’s daughter, as they embark on an adventure filled with deceit, danger, and supernatural encounters.
The film takes audiences on a journey across the high seas, encountering mermaids, zombies, and dangerous foes, all while Jack Sparrow’s witty humor and cunning skills are put to the test. As the race for the Fountain of Youth unfolds, alliances shift, and loyalties are tested.
“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” was a commercial success, grossing over $1 billion worldwide. However, it received mixed reviews from critics, with some praising the performances and action sequences but critiquing the lack of originality compared to previous installments.
Despite mixed reviews, the film’s success led to the continuation of the “Pirates of the Caribbean” film series with subsequent sequels. It remains one of the highest-grossing films of all time and solidified Captain Jack Sparrow as one of Johnny Depp’s most iconic roles.
The film also features impressive visual effects, breathtaking action scenes, and a thrilling musical score composed by Hans Zimmer. It continues the swashbuckling adventure and supernatural elements that fans have come to associate with the “Pirates of the Caribbean” franchise.
“Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” is a thrilling addition to the series, providing fans with more of the captivating world of pirates, cursed treasure, and high-sea escapades that have made the franchise a beloved and enduring part of modern cinema.
Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Cast:
- Johnny Depp: Jack Sparrow
- Penélope Cruz: Angelica
- Geoffrey Rush: Hector Barbossa
- Ian McShane: Blackbeard
- Kevin McNally: Joshamee Gibbs
- Sam Claflin: Philip Swift
- Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey: Syrena
- Stephen Graham: Scrum
- Greg Ellis: Lt. Cmdr. Theodore Groves
- Damian O’Hare: Lt. Gillette
- Óscar Jaenada: The Spaniard
- Richard Griffiths: King George II
- Keith Richards: Captain Edward Teague
- Gemma Ward: Tamara
- Judi Dench: Society Lady
- Ian Mercer: the Quartermaster
- Robbie Kay: the Cabin Boy
- Christopher Fairbank: Ezekiel
- Yuki Matsuzaki: Ghareg
- Bronson Webb: The Cook
- Steve Evets: Purser
- Derek Mears: the Master-at-Arms
- DeObia Oparei: the Gunner
- Sebastian Armesto: King Ferdinand of the Spanish Empire
- Anton Lesser: Lord John Carteret, Viscount Carteret, Baron Carteret of Hawnes, 2nd Earl of Granville
- Roger Allam: Prime Minister Henry Pelham
- Paul Bazely: Salaman
Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides Crew:
- Director: Rob Marshall
- Producer: Jerry Bruckheimer
- Music: Hans Zimmer