Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom’s Pirates of the Caribbean ride including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Pirates of the Caribbean Description
Wander a meanderin’ alleyway within a Spanish fortress and board a small barge for a spellbinding high-seas adventure. Escape through a shadowy grotto past the ghostly catacombs of fallen pirates and swoop down a small rushing waterfall—your passageway to the Golden Age of Piracy.
Behold boisterous buccaneers drunk on the spoils of plunderin’ during a 9-minute cruise amid the Old World. Sing along as windswept pirates serenade you with their classic anthem, “Yo Ho, Yo Ho (A Pirate’s Life for Me).” And even spy a sly Captain Jack Sparrow from The Pirates of the Caribbean film series along the way!
If Ye Be Seekin’ Adventure…
Take off on a treacherous voyage to the 17th century, when rowdy rogues and rapscallions ruled seaport towns along the Spanish Main under the watchful eye of “Jolly Roger.”
Popular sites you will encounter include:
- Pirates Grotto Home to Dead Man’s Cove and Hurricane Lagoon, this haunted realm recalls the struggles pirates endured on the open seas.
- The Fort Navigate through a shadowy bay, where a foggy Caribbean fort and a striking 12-gun galleon—helmed by Captain Barbossa—are locked in battle.
- Town Square Sail straight past a crowded marketplace of rambunctious scalawags, gleefully bidding in an auction for a bride.
- Burning City Looters and buccaneers sing a song of jubilation as flames engulf a seaside town.
- The Dungeon Trapped in a jail cell, freebooters attempt to lure a confused canine within reach to nab the prison keys he has in his mouth.
Pirates of the Caribbean Fun Facts
- The ride was originally omitted from Walt Disney World when it opened due to Florida’s proximity to the Caribbean. It didn’t open in the Magic Kingdom until 1973.
- The voice of the Auctioneer character is Paul Frees (The Ghost Host from The Haunted Mansion)
- Characters from the Pirates movie franchise were added to the ride in 2006.
- The auction scene was completely re-done in March 2018.
- There are 120 audio animatronics scattered throughout the ride.
Pirates of the Caribbean Details
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean)