Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom’s Enchanted Tiki Room show including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Enchanted Tiki Room | Disney World Description
Tropical birds, Tiki gods and colorful flowers come to life in a swinging 10-minute South Seas musical celebration in the Enchanted Tiki Room at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.
Sing along with a lively menagerie of exotic birds, flowers and Tikis in this jubilant Disney classic. A feast for your eyes and ears, this theater-in-the-round attraction invites all to experience the exotic beauty and magic of the Pacific Islands.
Enter an Enchanted Garden
Breeze into a tropical island paradise of totem poles and tropical flora, and make your way beneath a thatched roof. Perched atop a Tiki god statue, 2 talking toucans—Clyde and Claude—are happy to make your acquaintance and entertain you before the start of the main show.
Inside the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room
Stroll into what looks to be a ceremonial house located in the heart of Polynesia and take a seat around a floral knoll. Nearby, hanging warrior shields, ancient statues and woven bamboo fixtures echo a mysterious story of ancient traditions.
As the lights dim, 4 colorful macaws quickly spring to life and begin to sing a series of jubilant island songs. Before long, the chorus of crooning birds is joined by an enchanting cast of over 225 choreographed Audio-Animatronics performers, including bobbing parrots, giggling cockatoos, crooning orchids, drumming Tiki statues and chanting wooden masks.
Sing along and clap to their rousing original songs, which seamlessly mix traditional South Seas rhythms with classic Disney wit—and enjoy the magic of Audio-Animatronics technology, created especially for this classic attraction. (source)
- Thurl Ravenscroft-Fritz
- Wally Boag-Jose
- Fulton Burley-Michael
- Jerry Orbach- Pierre
Enchanted Tiki Room | Disney World Fun Facts
- Show was called The Enchanted Tiki Room (Under New Management) from 1998-2011 and it featured Iago from Aladdin and Zazu from The Lion King.
- Number of singing birds in the Tiki room: 88 singing birds
- Number of audio-animatronics in the show: 225 audio animatronics
- The show was originally supposed to be a restaurant with a dinner show.
Enchanted Tiki Room | Disney World Details
- Disney Resort: Walt Disney World Resort
- Disney Park: Magic Kingdom Park
- Park Area: Magic Kingdom Adventureland
- Attraction Type: Extinct Attraction, Show
- Official Page
- Year Opened: 1971
- Replaced: Original Attraction
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Claude (Tiki Room)
- Disney Parks Blog Shuts Down Rumors of Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room Changes, June 27, 2019
- Imagineer Rolly Crump Looks Back on Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room on Its 50th Anniversary, June 27, 2013
- DISNEY WORLD’S ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM TO GET MAKEOVER, August 5, 2011
- New Management canned at The Enchanted Tiki Room, May 17, 2011
- Enchanted Tiki Room: Classic Attraction Transforms This Summer, May 16, 2011