Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie A Goofy Movie including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
A Goofy Movie Description
“A Goofy Movie” is an animated musical comedy film released by Walt Disney Pictures in 1995. The movie is based on the popular Disney character Goofy and is a continuation of the “Goof Troop” television series.
The story follows Goofy (voiced by Bill Farmer) and his teenage son Max (voiced by Jason Marsden). Max is a typical teenager who is embarrassed by his father’s goofy antics and wants to be seen as cool in front of his crush, Roxanne (voiced by Kellie Martin).
When Max gets into trouble at school for a prank, Goofy is concerned about his son’s behavior and decides to take him on a cross-country road trip to bond and strengthen their father-son relationship. The destination of their trip is Lake Destiny, where Goofy used to vacation as a child.
As they embark on their journey, Goofy’s well-intentioned but often embarrassing attempts to bond with Max lead to hilarious and heartwarming moments. Along the way, they encounter various adventures and encounters, including a run-in with Bigfoot and a visit to a possum-themed amusement park.
However, Max has his own plans and secretly changes their destination to the Powerline concert in Los Angeles. Max believes that if he can perform on stage with Powerline, he will impress Roxanne and win her heart.
The movie explores themes of father-son relationships, growing up, and the importance of communication and understanding between parents and their teenage children. As the story unfolds, both Goofy and Max come to understand each other better and learn the true value of family and friendship.
“A Goofy Movie” received positive reviews from both critics and audiences for its humor, heartfelt story, and catchy musical numbers. The film features original songs, including “After Today,” “On the Open Road,” and “I2I,” performed by the fictional pop star Powerline.
The movie has gained a cult following over the years and is often praised for its relatable themes and emotional depth. It remains a beloved classic in the Disney animated film library and has become a favorite among fans of all ages.
Overall, “A Goofy Movie” is a heartwarming and entertaining film that celebrates the bonds between parents and children and delivers messages of self-acceptance and the importance of being true to oneself.
A Goofy Movie Fun Facts
- The film is based on the popular Disney character Goofy and serves as a standalone spin-off from the “Goof Troop” television series.
- “A Goofy Movie” follows the story of Goofy and his teenage son Max as they embark on a cross-country road trip filled with adventure and life lessons.
- The movie was directed by Kevin Lima, who later went on to direct other Disney films such as “Tarzan” and “Enchanted.”
- The voice cast includes Bill Farmer as Goofy, Jason Marsden as Max, and Jim Cummings as Pete.
- The film’s soundtrack features original songs, including the catchy and memorable “Stand Out” and “I2I,” performed by Tevin Campbell.
- “A Goofy Movie” explores the themes of father-son relationships, growing up, and finding one’s own identity.
- The character of Max’s love interest, Roxanne, became a fan-favorite and has since made appearances in other Disney media.
- The film received positive reviews from critics for its humor, heartwarming story, and memorable characters.
- “A Goofy Movie” has gained a dedicated following over the years and is considered a beloved cult classic among Disney fans.
- The movie’s success led to the release of a direct-to-video sequel, “An Extremely Goofy Movie,” in 2000, which follows Max’s college years.
A Goofy Movie Cast:
- Jason Marsden: Maximillan “Max” Goof
- Bill Farmer: Goofy
- Kellie Martin: Roxanne
- Jim Cummings: Pete
- Rob Paulsen: P.J.
- Pauly Shore: Robert “Bobby” Zimuruski
- Jenna von Oÿ: Stacey
- Julie Brown: Lisa
- Joey Lawrence: Chad
- Wallace Shawn: Principal Mazur
- Frank Welker: Bigfoot
- Kevin Lima: Lester the Possum
- Florence Stanley: a Waitress
- Jo Anne Worley: Miss Maples
- Wayne Allwine: Mickey Mouse
- Pat Buttram: the Possum Park Emcee
- Robyn Richards: Lesters Grinning Girl
- Herschel Sparber: a Security guard
- Brittney Alyse Smith: the Photo Studio Girl
- Corey Burton: Wendell
- Pat Carroll: a restaurant waiter
A Goofy Movie Crew:
- Director: Kevin Lima
- Producer: Dan Rounds
- Music: Carter Burwell
A Goofy Movie Details
A Goofy Movie Trailer:
- Disney’s ‘DuckTales’ Pays Homage To ‘A Goofy Movie’ In Standout First Look At New Episode, May 15, 2019