Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Tangled including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
In Tangled, when the kingdom’s most wanted, and most charming, bandit Flynn Rider hides in a mysterious tower, the last thing he expects to find is Rapunzel, a spirited teen with an unlikely superpower: 70 feet of magical golden hair! Together, the unlikely duo sets off on a fantastic journey filled with surprising heroes, laughter and suspense.
Tangled Fun Facts
- Tangled was the 50th animated feature film from Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- The film is loosely based on the German fairy tale “Rapunzel” which was published by the Brothers Grimm in 1812.
- Tangled was the most expensive animated film ever made at the time of its release, with a budget of $260 million.
- The film’s original title was “Rapunzel Unbraided,” but it was changed to Tangled to appeal to a wider audience.
- It took six years to make Tangled, with over 400 artists and animators working on the film.
- Tangled was the first Disney animated film to use a new technology called “Depth Image-Based Rendering,” which allowed the animators to create more complex and detailed backgrounds.
- The film’s signature song “I See the Light” was written by composer Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater, and it won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 2011.
- Tangled was a commercial and critical success, grossing over $591 million worldwide and receiving a 90% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- Tangled was followed by a short film called Tangled Ever After, which premiered in 2012 and showed the wedding of Rapunzel and Flynn Rider.
- Tangled has been adapted into a stage musical and a television series called Tangled: The Series, which premiered in 2017 and ran for three seasons.
- Mandy Moore: Rapunzel
- Delaney Rose Stein: young Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi: Flynn Rider/Eugene Fitzherbert
- Donna Murphy: Mother Gothel
- Brad Garrett: Hook Hand Thug
- Ron Perlman: Stabbington brother
- Jeffrey Tambor: Big Nose Thug
- Richard Kiel: Vlad
- M. C. Gainey: Captain of the Guard
- Paul F. Tompkins: Short Thug
- Directors: Nathan Greno and Byron Howard
- Producer: Roy Conli
- Music: Alan Menken
- Healing Incantation (Song)
- Horse With No Rider (Song)
- I See the Light (Song)
- I’ve Got a Dream (Song)
- Mother Knows Best (Song)
- Something That I Want (Song)
- When Will My Life Begin? (Song)