Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie The Return of Jafar including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Contents of this article:
- The Return of Jafar Description
- The Return of Jafar Cast
- The Return of Jafar Crew
- The Return of Jafar Details
- The Return of Jafar Trailer
The Return of Jafar Description
“The Return of Jafar” is a 1994 direct-to-video animated film produced by Walt Disney Television Animation. It serves as the sequel to Disney’s 1992 animated feature film “Aladdin” and is the first installment of the “Aladdin” animated series.
The story continues the adventures of Aladdin, the street-smart commoner who becomes the owner of a magical Genie lamp. After the events of the first film, Aladdin is adjusting to his new life as a prince alongside Princess Jasmine. However, their happiness is threatened when the evil sorcerer Jafar returns from the dead, seeking revenge on Aladdin and his friends.
Jafar allies himself with a thief named Abis Mal and devises a plan to take control of Agrabah and eliminate Aladdin. He seeks the power of a magical artifact known as the “Ultimate Fate” to achieve his goals. Aladdin, with the help of his loyal friends Genie, Abu, and the Magic Carpet, must stop Jafar once again and save Agrabah from his malevolent schemes.
“The Return of Jafar” features the original voice cast from the first film, including Scott Weinger as Aladdin, Linda Larkin as Princess Jasmine, Jonathan Freeman as Jafar, and Robin Williams as the Genie. However, this was one of the first instances where Robin Williams did not reprise his role as the Genie, as he had a dispute with Disney over the marketing of the first film.
The movie was well-received by audiences and became one of the best-selling animated videos of all time. It was followed by another direct-to-video sequel, “Aladdin and the King of Thieves,” which was released in 1996. Together, these sequels expanded the “Aladdin” franchise and allowed fans to enjoy more adventures with their beloved characters.
The Return of Jafar Fun Facts
- “The Return of Jafar” is a 1994 direct-to-video animated film and serves as the first sequel to Disney’s “Aladdin.” It continues the adventures of Aladdin, Jasmine, Genie, and other beloved characters.
- One notable aspect of the film is the replacement of the original voice actor for the character of Aladdin. While Scott Weinger provided Aladdin’s voice in the first movie, in “The Return of Jafar,” the character was voiced by actor Dan Castellaneta (best known as the voice of Homer Simpson in “The Simpsons”) due to scheduling conflicts with Weinger. Weinger later returned to voice Aladdin in subsequent projects.
- “The Return of Jafar” introduces the character of Iago, Jafar’s former sidekick, as a reformed character who joins Aladdin and his friends. Iago’s redemption arc and transition from villain to hero became a central theme of the film and the subsequent “Aladdin” TV series.
The Return of Jafar Cast
- Scott Weinger: Aladdin
- Brad Kane: Aladdin (singing voice)
- Jonathan Freeman: Jafar
- Gilbert Gottfried: Iago
- Dan Castellaneta: Genie
- Linda Larkin: Princess Jasmine
- Liz Callaway: Princess Jasmine (singing voice)
- Jason Alexander: Abis Mal
- Frank Welker: Abu
- Val Bettin: The Sultan
- Jim Cummings: Razoul
The Return of Jafar Crew
- Director: Toby Shelton, Tad Stones and Alan Zaslove
- Producers: Tad Stones and Alan Zaslove
- Music: Mark Watters
The Return of Jafar Trailer:
- Gilbert Gottfried, Voice of Iago in ‘Aladdin,’ Passes Away at Age 67, April 13, 2022
- Thank Iago, of all Aladdin characters, for the existence of The Return of Jafar, May 27, 2019