Disney’s River Country | Extinct Disney World Attractions
Disney’s River Country Description:
Disney’s River Country was a water park on the shore of Walt Disney World’s Bay Lake, close to Discovery Island and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. It operated from 1976-2001. While no reason was ever given for its closure. One can assume the success of Disney’s other two newer water parks contributed to the water park’s demise.
It was announced in 2018 that the remains of the park will be removed in the coming years to make way for a new DVC resort on Bay Lake.
Here’s a look at what this iconic water park was like back in the day..
- Disney Has a Pair of Abandoned Properties, March 29, 2016
- Vintage Walt Disney World: Looking Back at River Country, June 22, 2012
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages for 2023 Now Available!
- A Complete Rundown of Epcot Changes from 2019-2022
- 10 Things You Should Be Excited For At Walt Disney World in 2022
- The Main Benefits of Genie Plus at Walt Disney World (yes, there are a few)
- 2022 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Details | Disney World Resources