Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Splash Mountain attraction at Disneyland including history, reviews, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Splash Mountain | Disneyland Description
On Disneyland’s Splash Mountain, glide along a colorful bayou in a hollow log—past delightful singing critters—to a thrilling 5-story splashdown!
Gently drift past rocky caves, vine-strewn streams and sun-drenched meadows as you accompany happy-go-lucky Br’er Rabbit from his home in the Briar Patch on a search for his Laughing Place. But be warned: Br’er Bear and Br’er Fox are in hot pursuit of the roaming rabbit and they’ll do anything they can to catch him!
Much to See and Do
During your approximate 9-minute log-flume adventure, visit such whimsical watering holes amid Chick-A-Pin Hill as:
- Critter Cave
- the Fishing Place
- the Old Loop
- Br’er Fox’s Lair
- Br’er Rabbit’s home in the Briar Patch
Songs to Make You Sing
Splash Mountain invites you to clap and sing to several classic Disney songs, including:
A Colorful Cast of Southern Characters
Over 100 talking, singing, storytelling Audio-Animatronics critters call Splash Mountain home. In addition to Br’er Fox, Br’er Bear and Br’er Rabbit, a cast of backwoods critters, including geese, frogs, raccoons, possums, bees and alligators offer up their own slice of southern hospitality during your adventure.
Splash Mountain | Disneyland Fun Facts
- Splash Mountain is based on the movie Song of the South; a movie Disney has refused to release since the 1980’s (when the ride opened).
- The original name of the ride was supposed to be Zip-a-Dee River Run, but the name was changed at the last minute to help promote the Disney (Touchstone) film Splash
- The ride’s climatic drop is 50 feet.
- Top ride speed is 40 mph.
- There are 950,000 gallons of water running through the ride.
- There is a hidden Mickey in the final scene of the ride. There is a pink cloud floating above the Zip-A-Dee-Lady riverboat that looks like Mickey laying on his back.
- If you want to get really wet on this ride, sit in the front. If you are looking for less of a soaking, sit in the rear of the ride vehicle.
Splash Mountain | Disneyland Details
- Disney Resort: Disneyland Resort
- Disney Park: Disneyland Park
- Park Area: Disneyland Critter Country
- Attraction Type: Extinct Attraction, Ride
- Official Page
- Year Opened: 1989
- Year Closed: 2023
- Replaced By: Tiana's Bayou Adventure
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Br'er Bear (Song of the South)
- Splash Mountain at Disneyland to Close Forever in May 2023, March 27, 2023
- Splash Mountain at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Closing on Jan. 10, January 5, 2022
- Disney Sets Splash Mountain Closure Date For Refurbishment, December 1, 2021
- New Permit filed for construction on Splash Mountain, February 19, 2021
- Disney Announces It Will Fast-Track Splash Mountain Princess and the Frog Redesign, November 17, 2020