Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Descendants 2 including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
“Descendants 2” is a Disney Channel Original Movie (DCOM) released in 2017. It is the sequel to the 2015 film “Descendants” and continues the story of the teenage children of Disney villains who attend Auradon Prep, a school for the offspring of Disney heroes.
The movie picks up where the first film left off, with Mal (daughter of Maleficent), Evie (daughter of the Evil Queen), Carlos (son of Cruella de Vil), and Jay (son of Jafar) adjusting to their lives in Auradon. However, when Mal starts feeling overwhelmed by the pressure to be perfect, she decides to return to the Isle of the Lost, where the other villains live. Her friends follow her to bring her back, but they encounter Uma, Ursula’s daughter, who seeks revenge on Mal for leaving her behind.
As the story unfolds, the characters face new challenges, confront their pasts, and learn valuable lessons about friendship, loyalty, and finding their true selves. “Descendants 2” features catchy musical numbers, colorful visuals, and an engaging storyline that appeals to both children and young adults.
The film also introduces new characters, such as Uma (played by China Anne McClain), who becomes a central antagonist and adds depth to the story. The cast includes Dove Cameron as Mal, Sofia Carson as Evie, Cameron Boyce as Carlos, Booboo Stewart as Jay, and Mitchell Hope as Ben, the son of Belle and the Beast.
“Descendants 2” received positive reviews from viewers and critics alike for its entertainment value, energetic performances, and messages of self-acceptance and friendship. The movie’s success led to the release of a third installment, “Descendants 3,” in 2019, concluding the popular franchise.
Descendants 2 Fun Facts
- Production of the movie was announced on June 10, 2016.
- It premiered across 6 Disney networks simultaneously.
- The movie’s premier reached 13 million viewers with the flagship broadcast on The Disney Channel seeing 5.3 million viewers.
- Descendants 2 music videos on the DisneyMusicVevo channel, have been viewed 135 million times.
- Dove Cameron: Mal, daughter of Maleficent
- Cameron Boyce: Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil
- Booboo Stewart: Jay, son of Jafar
- Sofia Carson: Evie, daughter of Evil Queen
- Mitchell Hope: Ben, son of Queen Belle and Beast
- China Anne McClain: Uma, daughter of Ursula
- Thomas Doherty: Harry, son of Captain Hook
- Dylan Playfair: Gil, son of Gaston
- Anna Cathcart: Dizzy, daughter of Drizella
- Dianne Doan: Lonnie, daughter of Fa Mulan and Li Shang
- Zachary Gibson: Doug, son of Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Jedidiah Goodacre: Chad Charming, son of Cinderella and Prince Charming
- Melanie Paxson: Fairy Godmother from Cinderella
- Brenna D’Amico: Jane, daughter of Fairy Godmother
- Director: Kenny Ortega
- Executive Producers: Kenny Ortega, Wendy Japhet, Sara Parriott and Josann McGibbon
- Writers: Sara Parriott and Josann McGibbon
- Choreographers: Kenny Ortega and Tony Testa
- Producer: Shawn Williamson
- Production Designer: Mark Hofeling
- Costume Designer: Kara Saun
- Director of Photography: Mark Irwin
- Hairstylist: Debra Johnson
- Makeup Artist: Tana Moldovanos
- Editor: Don Brochu
- Casting Directors: Jason La Padura, Natalie Hart, Kendra Patterson and Candice Elzinga
- Composer: David Lawrence
- Production Company: Bad Angels Production
Descendants 2 Trailer:
- It’s Goin’ Down (Song)
- Chillin’ Like a Villain (Song)
- Space Between (Song)
- Ways to Be Wicked (Song)
- What’s My Name (Song)
- You and Me (Song)
- ‘Descendants’ Sequel ‘The Pocketwatch’ Disney+ Movie Adds Jeremy Swift & Leonardo Nam To Cast, February 3, 2023
- “Descendants Remix Dance Party” Coming to Disney Channel March 20, March 10, 2020
- Descendants Star Cameron Boyce Passes Away at 20, July 7, 2019
- Stars of ‘Descendants 3,’ ‘Zombies 2’ Laud Strong Female Characters on TV, April 29, 2019
- Premiere of Disney’s ‘Descendants 2’ Posts 10.9 Million Total Viewers in L+7, Joins ‘Descendants’ as the Top 2 Cable TV Telecasts in Four Years Among Major Youth Demographics, August 8, 2017