Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Dumbo including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Meet Dumbo, Mrs. Jumbo’s sweet little “Baby Mine” who charms all who see him, until it’s discovered that he has huge floppy ears! With the support of his very best friend, Timothy the mouse, Dumbo soon learns that his spectacular ears make him unique and special, allowing him to soar to fame as the world’s only flying elephant.
- Baby Mine
- Casey Junior
- Pink Elephants
- Song of the Roustabouts
- The Clown Song
- When I See an Elephant Fly
Dumbo Fun Facts
- The movie is based on a book written by Helen Aberson.
- This is one of Disney’s shortest feature films (64 minutes).
- It was originally supposed to be a short, which may explain its relatively abbreviated length.
- It was supposed to be a quick and easy way for Disney to recover some losses from Pinocchio and Fantasia, but it didn’t do much better. All three were victims of World War II.
- It was re-released 4 times after it was initially in theaters.
- Edward Brophy: Timothy Q. Mouse
- Verna Felton: Elephant Matriarch
- Cliff Edwards: Jim Crow
- Herman Bing: The Ringmaster
- Margaret Wright: Casey Junior
- Sterling Holloway: Mr. Stork
- The Hall Johnson Choir: Crow Chorus
- The King’s Men: Roustabout Chorus
- Noreen Gammill: Elephant Catty
- Dorothy Scott: Elephant Giddy
- Sarah Selby: Elephant Prissy
- Malcolm Hutton: Skinny
- Billy Bletcher: Clown
- John McLeish: Narrator
- Directors: Ben Sharpsteen, Norman Ferguson, Wilfred Jackson, Bill Roberts, Jack Kinney and
- Samuel Armstrong
- Producer: Walt Disney
- Writers: Otto Englander, Joe Grant and Dick Huemer
- Music: Frank Churchill and Oliver Wallace