Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Lucasfilm movie Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX) including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” is the final installment in the Skywalker Saga, the main episodic series of the “Star Wars” franchise. Directed by J.J. Abrams, the film was released in 2019. It continues the story from “The Last Jedi” and follows the Resistance’s final stand against the tyrannical First Order, led by the dark and powerful Emperor Palpatine, who mysteriously returns to seek revenge.
The film features the central characters of the sequel trilogy, including Rey (Daisy Ridley), Finn (John Boyega), and Poe Dameron (Oscar Isaac), as they team up with the original trilogy heroes, such as Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) and Leia Organa (Carrie Fisher), in a desperate attempt to defeat the resurgent Emperor and his massive fleet of Star Destroyers.
Throughout the movie, Rey discovers her true lineage and faces her deepest fears, while Kylo Ren (Adam Driver), now the Supreme Leader of the First Order, wrestles with his inner conflict and his connection to Rey. The film also explores the tension between the light and dark sides of the Force and the ultimate battle between good and evil.
“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” aims to bring closure to the Skywalker Saga, wrapping up various character arcs and resolving the overarching conflict between the Resistance and the First Order. It received mixed reviews from both critics and fans, with praise for its action sequences, visuals, and emotional moments, but some criticism for its pacing and storytelling choices.
Despite the divisive reception, “The Rise of Skywalker” marked the end of an era in the “Star Wars” franchise and was a significant moment for fans who had been following the epic saga for over four decades. The film provided a conclusion to the stories of beloved characters and set the stage for future storytelling in the “Star Wars” universe.
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX) Fun Facts
- At 155 minutes, this is the longest Star Wars movie ever (3 minutes longer than The Last Jedi)
- Mark Hamill: Luke Skywalker
- Carrie Fisher: General Leia Organa
- Adam Driver: Kylo Ren
- Daisy Ridley: Rey
- John Boyega: Finn
- Oscar Isaac: Poe Dameron
- Lupita Nyong’o: Maz Kanata
- Domhnall Gleeson: General Hux
- Anthony Daniels: C-3PO
- Kelly Marie Tran: Rose Tico
- Joonas Suotamo: Chewbacca
- Naomi Ackie: Jannah
- Billie Lourde: Lieutenant Connix
- Keri Russell: Zorii Bliss
- Billy Dee Williams: Lando Calrissian
- Richard Grant: Allegiant General Pryde
- Director: J. J. Abrams
- Producers: Kathleen Kennedy, J. J. Abrams and Michelle Rejwan
- Writers: J. J. Abrams and Chris Terrio
- Music: John Williams
- Cinematography: Dan Mindel
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX) Trailer:
Star Wars Character(s) in this Post:Aftab Ackbar
- ‘Star Wars’ Movies Head To Disney Linear Networks, Will Be Shared With Turner Nets Under New Deal, October 5, 2023
- Daisy Ridley to Reprise Role as Rey in New ‘Star Wars’ Film, April 8, 2023
- ‘Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker’ Heading To Disney+ Two Months Early, April 28, 2020
- ‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ Crosses $1 Billion Worldwide, January 16, 2020
- ‘Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker’ Hits $1 Billion Globally, but Trails Predecessors,