Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie The Aristocats including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
The Aristocats Description
In the heart of Paris, a kind and eccentric millionairess wills her entire estate to Duchess, her high-society cat, and her three little kittens. In Disney’s animated classic The Aristocats, laughs and adventure ensue as the greedy, bumbling butler pulls off the ultimate catnap caper. Now it’s up to the rough-and-tumble alley cat, Thomas O’Malley, and his band of swingin’ jazz cats to save the day.
The Aristocats Fun Facts
- “The Aristocats” was released in 1970 and was the 20th animated feature film produced by Walt Disney Studios.
- The film features a cast of characters based on real breeds of cats, including Siamese, Persian, and Russian Blue cats.
- The film’s soundtrack features several popular songs, including “Scales and Arpeggios,” which was written specifically for the film and went on to become a popular hit.
- The film’s setting, Paris, France, was designed to evoke the style and charm of the city during the Belle Époque period.
- “The Aristocats” was the last Disney animated film to be personally overseen by Walt Disney, who died during its production.
- The film’s animation was done in part by future Disney legends, such as Glen Keane, who went on to animate popular Disney characters such as Ariel from “The Little Mermaid.”
The Aristocats Cast:
- Eva Gabor: Duchess
- Phil Harris: Thomas O’Malley
- Gary Dubin: Toulouse
- Liz English: Marie
- Dean Clark: Berlioz
- Roddy Maude-Roxby: Edgar Balthazar
- Scatman Crothers: Scat Cat
- Paul Winchell: Shun Gon
- Lord Tim Hudson: Hit Cat
- Vito Scotti: Peppo
- Thurl Ravenscroft: Billy Boss
- Sterling Holloway: Roquefort
- Pat Buttram: Napoleon
- George Lindsey: Lafayette
- Hermione Baddeley: Madame Adelaide Bonfamille
- Charles Lane: Georges Hautecourt
- Nancy Kulp: Frou-Frou
- Monica Evans: Abigail Gabble
- Carole Shelley: Amelia Gabble
- Bill Thompson: Uncle Waldo
The Aristocats Crew:
- Director: Wolfgang Reitherman
- Producer: Winston Hibler and Wolfgang Reitherman
- Music: George Bruns
The Aristocats Details
The Aristocats Trailer:
- Ev-rybody Wants to be a Cat (Song)
- Scales and Arpeggios (Song)
- The Aristocats (Song)
- Thomas O’Malley (Song)
- Live-Action ‘Aristocats’ Pic In Development At Disney, January 23, 2022
- Lizzo synced up perfectly to Disney’s animated classic, ‘The Aristocats’, September 29, 2019