Update April 13, 2017: Disney’s live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast has officially crossed the $1 billion global box office mark. Disney has released this fun video to celebrate this landmark achievement. Have a look:
Original Post: Disney announced today that their new live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast is crushing it at the box office. This weekend, the movie brought in $174.8 million domestically and $182.3 internationally for a total weekend box office take of $357.1 million. This total earns Beauty and the Beast the following distinctions:
- The sixth highest domestic opening ever
- Disney’s 7th global debut over $350 million
- The top March debut ever
- The biggest debut for a PG movie ever
It also broke records in the UK, Germany, Mexico and several others.
It looks like Disney is picking up nicely where their amazing record-breaking 2016 year at the movies left off. Stay tuned for more Beauty and the Beast Box Office news as it continues to break records and pile up cash.
- What is Disney Doing for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary?, February 24, 2021
- When Will Disneyland Reopen?, February 23, 2021
- 2021 & 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available!, December 31, 2020
- Disney+ Upcoming Movies and Shows with Release Dates, July 28, 2020
- When Will Disney World Reopen?, April 20, 2020