A little while back, Disney started to offer mobile order at select Animal Kingdom restaurants (Satu’li Canteen and Pizzafari) which allowed patrons to use the My Disney Experience mobile app to order and pay for their food in advance and then be notified when it is ready. At the time, it was pretty clear that this was more a pilot program than a special treat. Well, it looks like the pilot was a success because it Disney mobile ordering has expanded significantly over the past few months and is now offered at more than a dozen Disney World restaurants.
Which Disney World Restaurants Offer Mobile Order?
The following Disney World Restaurants offer mobile ordering as of August 16, 2018:
Magic Kingdom Park:
- Aloha Isle
- Casey’s Corner
- Columbia Harbour House
- Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café
- Liberty Tree Tavern
- Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Cafe
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- The Lunching Pad
- Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant*
Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- ABC Commissary
- Backlot Express
- Catalina Eddie’s
- Fairfax Fare
- Rosie’s All-American Café
- Woody’s Lunch Box
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo
- Milk Stand
- Ronto Roasters
Disney’s Animal Kingdom:
- Spyglass Grill and Centertown Market (Caribbean Beach Resort)
- The Mara (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
- Contempo Cafe (Contemporary Resort)
- Gasparilla Island Grill (Grand Floridian)
- Sassagoula Floatworks and Food Factory (Port Orleans)
- Everything POP (Pop Century)
- Artist’s Palette (Saratoga Springs)
- Captain Cook’s (Polynesian)
- Landscape of Flavors (Art of Animation)
- Riverside Mill Food Court (Port Orleans Riverside)
- Roaring Fork (Wilderness Lodge)
- World Premiere Food Court, End Zone Food Court, Intermission Food Court (All -Star Resorts)
*Location operates seasonally.
How Does Disney Mobile Order Work?
To use Mobile Order, sign in to the My Disney Experience app and tap the “Order Food” button, which lists Disney World restaurants that offer the service. Browse restaurant menus, select items, customize your order and prepay, all right through the app. Then, when you arrive at the restaurant, just tap “I’m Here, Prepare My Order” in the app, which notifies the kitchen to prepare your meal. When it’s ready, a notification will alert you to pick up your meal from the “Mobile Order Pick Up” area in the restaurant.
The only form of payment currently accepted through Mobile Order is credit card, but Disney is working on adding more payment options soon. Anyone with special dietary restrictions, or those who want to use discounts or redeem dining plan entitlements must place their order with a cashier.
Here is a quick educational video that explains how Disney mobile ordering works:
More information about Disney World’s mobile ordering system can be found here.