Disney Channel has been home to some of the most beloved and iconic television shows of all time. From “Lizzie McGuire” to “That’s So Raven,” the channel has produced countless classics that have left a lasting impact on audiences of all ages. However, as the years have gone by, many of these shows have been left in the past, and fans are clamoring for a reboot. The quick rise of Disney’s streaming service, Disney+ has given the company an amazing opprotunity to bring back some of their iconic series with a more modern feel.
To date, we have seen a number of old Disney Channel shows come back either in movie or series form. This got me thinking about some others that might be good to see refreshed on Disney+. Here are 5 Disney Channel shows that I argue should be rebooted:
- Lizzie McGuire – The coming-of-age comedy that starred Hilary Duff as the titular character was a huge hit with audiences when it originally aired from 2001 to 2004. Fans have been calling for a reboot for years, and it seems that Disney is finally listening. A reboot of “Lizzie McGuire” was in the works back in the early days of Disney+, and fans were excited to see the beloved character back on the small screen. Unfortunately, the Lizzie McGuire reboot was shelved indefinitely, but here’s hoping it comes back at some point soon.
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody – The show that starred Dylan and Cole Sprouse as twin brothers living in a hotel was a huge hit when it originally aired from 2005 to 2008. The show was praised for its comedic timing and relatable storylines, and fans have been calling for a reboot for years. With the success of the spin-off show “The Suite Life on Deck,” it would be great to see the original characters back in action.
- Hannah Montana – The show that starred Miley Cyrus as a teenage pop star living a double life was a huge hit when it originally aired from 2006 to 2011. The show was praised for its comedic timing and relatable storylines, and fans have been calling for a reboot for years. With Miley Cyrus’s successful career and recent comeback, it would be great to see her back in the role that launched her career.
- Darkwing Duck – A few years ago, we saw a very respectable reboot of the iconic DuckTales series. The rehash of the animated classic lasted three seasons and probably could have come back for a fourth. Darkwing Duck was a spin-off of DuckTales with a similar cult following. Its time to get some more new Disney Afternoon episodes and let’s dangerous for at least a rebooted season or two.
- Jessie – Jessie only ended roughly 6 years ago, but it seems like its been a lifetime since. Yes, the show will not be the same without star Cameron Boyce, who passed away in 2019, but it would be very interesting to see what has become of the rest of the family and their nanny in the years after they kids returned from Camp Kikiwaka and their Bunk’d adventures.
These shows were all huge hits when they originally aired, and their legacies have lived on through reruns and streaming services. Fans are clamoring for a reboot, and it’s time for Disney to give them what they want.