The Jungle Book (1967 Animated Movie)
The Jungle Book Synopsis:
Meet the most unforgettable characters and embark on a thrilling adventure with Mowgli as he journeys deep into the jungle and learns “The Bare Necessities” of life from happy-go-lucky Baloo the bear. Meet Bagheera, the wise old panther, and crazy King Louie, the orangutan. But watch out for the cunning tiger Shere Khan and Kaa, the ssssneakiest snake in the jungle! Explore your family’s wild side as you venture into The Jungle Book for extraordinary adventures and a heartwarming tale that celebrates the true meaning of friendship.
- Colonel Hathi’s March (The Elephant Song)
- I Wan’na Be like You (The Monkey Song)
- My Own Home
- That’s What Friends Are For (The Vulture Song)
- The Bare Necessities
- Trust in Me (The Python’s Song)
Fun Facts and Statistics:
The Jungle Book is based on Rudyard Kipling’s book of the same title.
The Jungle Book was the last movie produced by Walt Disney.
Walt Disney died during the production of this film.
The Jungle Book was re-released to theaters three times after its initial run.
Key Cast Members:
- Bruce Reitherman: Mowgli
- Phil Harris: Baloo
- Sebastian Cabot: Bagheera
- Louis Prima: King Louie
- George Sanders: Shere Khan
- Sterling Holloway: Kaa
- Pat O’Malley: Colonel Hathi
- Verna Felton: Winifred
- Clint Howard: Junior
- Chad Stuart: Flaps the Vulture
- Lord Tim Hudson: Dizzie the Vulture
- John Abbott: Akela the Indian wolf
- Ben Wright: Rama the Father Wolf
- Darleen Carr: the human Girl
- Leo De Lyon: Flunkey the Langur
- Hal Smith: The Slob Elephant
- Ralph Wright: The Gloomy Elephant
- Digby Wolfe: Ziggy the Vulture
- Bill Skiles and Pete Henderson: Monkeys