Disney has announced that their latest mega-hit from the Marvel franchise, Black Panther, will be released on Digital (in HD and 4K Ultra HD) and Movies Anywhere May 8th, and on Blu-ray on May 15th. Black Panther can be pre-ordered from Amazon here. (affiliate link)
There was no date given yet for Black Panther’s streaming release on Netflix, but it will presumably be on the video-streaming service a few months after the Blu-Ray is released.
According to Yahoo! Finance, you can expect the following bonus features in the Black Panther Blu-Ray and Digital versions:
Four deleted scenes: one featuring Okoye (Danai Gurira) and W’Kabi (Daniel Kaluuya), who we all know deserved more screen time; one in which T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) remembers his father; one that takes place at the U.N.; and one called “Voices from the Past” (perhaps involving the ancestral plane? Or if we’re lucky, more Sterling K. Brown?). There’s also a roundtable discussion about the making of the film and featurettes about Wakanda’s culture, technology, and female warriors. Also: a gag reel. The digital edition comes with two exclusive ads for “Wakanda tourism” — as if they’d need to sell anybody on that vacation.
- What is Disney Doing for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary?, February 24, 2021
- When Will Disneyland Reopen?, February 23, 2021
- 2021 & 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available!, December 31, 2020
- Disney+ Upcoming Movies and Shows with Release Dates, July 28, 2020
- When Will Disney World Reopen?, April 20, 2020