Disney World at Halloween time is a truly amazing place and fun for your entire family. Believe it or not, the celebration kicked off in mid-August this year!
Yes, they celebrate Halloween at Disney World in August. Just go with it.
Anyways, here is everything else we know so far about this year’s Halloween celebration.
Disney World’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2022 Details:
2022 Event Dates and Start Time:
- August 12, 16, 19, 23, 26 and 30
- September 2, 5, 9, 11, 13, 16, 18, 20, 23, 25, 27, 29 and 30
- October 2, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 18, 20, 21, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 and 31
The party begins at 7pm each day, but attendees can enter the Magic Kingdom at 4pm using their party tickets.
2022 Ticket Pricing:
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets start at $109 (ages 10+) and $99 (ages 3-9) in advance and go up in price as the calendar creeps closer to Halloween night, for which a ticket will run you $199 plus tax.
Before you arrive dressed up for the occasion, please read this helpful post about the costume guidelines at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for children and adults.
We know that a few of the more popular Magic Kingdom Halloween events are returning including the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular stage show in front of Cinderella Castle, Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade and the “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks show.
Here is a bit more detail on some of the Disney World Halloween special events (source)
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular. Chills, thrills and villains join in a wickedly fun celebration hosted by the Sanderson Sisters, a trio of witch sisters from Disney’s live action film Hocus Pocus. The mischievous sisters are joined by dancers, more Disney Villains and other-worldly visual effects. It’s a Halloween party not to be missed, and it takes place at Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage. This show occurs at 8:35pm, 10:45pm, 12am during August and September and :40pm, 8:35pm, 10:45pm, 12am in October.
- Max Goof (as Powerline) Pre-Parade Cameo. Fans of A Goofy Movie will want to show up to Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade early to see Max Goof and friends cosplaying as Powerline and dancing down the parade route. This is a new feature for 2022.
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade. Led by the Headless Horseman, it’s masquerade mania as favorite Disney characters dress up for the occasion and ghostly floats bring the frights and sounds of the season to Main Street, U.S.A. and other Magic Kingdom viewing locations. The parade steps off in Frontierland at 9:15pm and 11:15pm.
- Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular. This show centers on Jack Skellington, of The Nightmare Before Christmas and features Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald visiting a haunted house. It features updated state-of-the-art projections, lasers, lighting and fireworks. The show fills the sky above Cinderella Castle starting at 10:15pm on party nights.
- Zom-Beatz Bash! New for 2022, Zombies and Cheerleaders from Disney’s popular Zombies movie franchise will take over Cosmic Ray’s for a dance part of some sort. If your kids (or you) are a fan of the Disney Channel original movie series, be sure to stop by and check out the goings-ons.
Attractions Open During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2022:
During the Halloween nighttime festivities, many rides stay open through the night, giving guests a unique opportunity to ride some of the Magic Kingdom’s most popular rides with little-to-no wait time. A few years ago, we were able to ride Big Thunder Mountain 3 straight times without waiting in between.
Most of the major rides stay open during the party with a few closing down mostly due to cast members using them as trick or treat stops or special character meet and greets. Here is a quick rundown of the rides that are usually open during the Halloween party. Of course, this is very much subject to change without notice.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Magic Kingdom Trick or Treat Locations:
(Note: These locations are very much subject to change without notice to this site. Upon entry to the park, be sure to get a special party map and then be on the lookout for the trick or treat markers throughout the park.)
- Main Street USA – Market Street
- Adventureland – Jungle Cruise entrance and Tortuga Tavern
- Frontierland – Splash Mountain, Miner’s Cove and Country Bear Jamboree
- Liberty Square – The Diamond Horseshoe
- Fantasyland – Pinocchio Village Haus, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Pete’s Silly Sideshow, Ariel’s Grotto
- Tomorrowland – Cosmic Ray’s, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Carousel of Progress
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Cruella de Vil (One Hundred and One Dalmatians)
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Magic Kingdom Park Info News and Attractions
- New and Returning Disney PhotoPass Magic Shots Revealed for Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, August 12, 2023
- Walt Disney World Monorail System Introduces Themed Holiday Lighting at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party,
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns to Walt Disney World with EERIE-sistible Tricks and Treats!, April 21, 2023
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall, April 28, 2022
- Special Halloween Entertainment Experiences Coming to Walt Disney World Theme Parks This Fall, September 11, 2020
- Festive Fun Awaits Guests This Fall in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort, August 28, 2020
- The Magic Kingdom Will Be Decorated for Halloween 2020 Despite Not-So-Scary Party Cancellation, August 3, 2020