Disney World at Halloween time is a truly amazing place and fun for your entire family. Believe it or not, the celebration kicked off in mid-August this year!
Yes, they celebrate Halloween at Disney World in August. Just go with it.
Anyways, here is everything else we know so far about this year’s Halloween celebration.
Disney World’s Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019 Details:
Event Dates and Start Time:
- August 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
- September 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
- October 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31
The party begins at 7pm each day, but attendees can enter the Magic Kingdom at 4pm using their party tickets. As a special perk, DVC members are able to enter the park at 2pm with their party tickets.
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets start at $79 (ages 10+) and $74 (ages 3-9) in advance and can be purchased here, or $89 at the gate, if available.
New for 2019 is the option to purchase a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Pass. The new Party Pass is essentially a season pass for the parties. For $299 (ages 10+) or $284 (ages 3-9), guests can attend all Halloween parties this year EXCEPT October 31.
Before you arrive dressed up for the occasion, please read this helpful post about the costume guidelines at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party for children and adults.
We know that a few of the more popular Magic Kingdom Halloween events are returning including the Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular stage show in front of Cinderella Castle, Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade and the “Happy HalloWishes” fireworks show.
Here is a bit more detail on some of the Disney World Halloween special events (source)
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular. Chills, thrills and villains join in a wickedly fun celebration hosted by the Sanderson Sisters, a trio of witch sisters from Disney’s live action film Hocus Pocus. The mischievous sisters are joined by dancers, more Disney Villains and other-worldly visual effects. It’s a Halloween party not to be missed, and it takes place at Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage.
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade. Led by the Headless Horseman, it’s masquerade mania as favorite Disney characters dress up for the occasion and ghostly floats bring the frights and sounds of the season to Main Street, U.S.A. and other Magic Kingdom viewing locations.
Returning from 2018:
- The Mad Tea Party will take you for a colorful ride as new lighting and effects give a new spin on the night. Depending on the color of your costume, you too could transform under the new dancing lights. How cool is that?
- On Pirates of the Caribbean, new pirates invade the experience, interacting with sailing guests who will join the search for “Gunpowder Pete.” Arrrgh!
- On Space Mountain, explorers will hurtle through deep space as a new soundtrack and special effects transform the adventure. Can Space Mountain seriously get any better?
- Also new this year, Storybook Circus welcomes the Storybook Circus Disney Junior Jam, a dance party featuring some of your favorite Disney Junior Characters, including Doc McStuffins, Vampirina and Nancy Clancy! (source)
New for 2019:
- Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular. The Happy HalloWishes fireworks show has been replaced for 2019 with Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular. The new show centers on Jack Skellington, of The Nightmare Before Christmas and features Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy and Donald visiting a haunted house. It features updated state-of-the-art projections, lasers, lighting and fireworks.
- Cruella’s Halloween Hide-a-Way at Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. This new reservation-only character meet-n-greet offers guests the opportunity to meet Cruella and enjoy hors d’oeurves, sweets and drinks.
- Monster World. New this year, when guests follow a treat trail into the Monster World at Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, they’ll interact with a comic entourage of monsters who are learning about the curious human-world holiday called Halloween. (source)
- DescenDANCE Party. Cosmic Ray’s gets a VK overlay this year as visitors can enjoy songs from the hit Disney Channel Original Movie series Descendants.
Attractions Open During Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2019:
During the Halloween nighttime festivities, many rides stay open through the night, giving guests a unique opportunity to ride some of the Magic Kingdom’s most popular rides with little-to-no wait time. Last year, we were able to ride Big Thunder Mountain 3 straight times without waiting in between.
Most of the major rides stay open during the party with a few closing down mostly due to cast members using them as trick or treat stops or special character meet and greets. Here is a quick rundown of the rides that are usually open during the Halloween party. Of course, this is very much subject to change without notice.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Special Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom:
Similar to last year, Disney has created a special Halloween Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game. This year’s game is inspired by the new Disney’s Not So Spooky Spectacular fireworks show. Guests can pick up their game materials at the Main Street USA firehouse.
Magic Kingdom Trick or Treat Locations:
(Note: These locations are very much subject to change without notice to this site. Upon entry to the park, be sure to get a special party map and then be on the lookout for the trick or treat markers throughout the park.)
- Main Street USA – Market Street
- Adventureland – Jungle Cruise entrance and Pirates of the Caribbean
- Frontierland – Splash Mountain the ride queue for the Tom Sawyer Island boat
- Liberty Square – Columbia Harbor House
- Fantasyland – Pinnochio Village Haus, Mickey’s Philharmagic, Pete’s Silly Sideshow, Ariel’s Grotto
- Tomorrowland – Cosmic Ray’s, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Carousel of Progress
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Cruella de Vil (One Hundred and One Dalmatians)Donald DuckGoofyHeadless Horseman (The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad)Jack Skellington (The Nightmare Before Christmas)Jafar (Aladdin)Mickey MouseMinnie Mouse
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Magic Kingdom Park
- Special Halloween Entertainment Experiences Coming to Walt Disney World Theme Parks This Fall, September 11, 2020
- Festive Fun Awaits Guests This Fall in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort, August 28, 2020
- The Magic Kingdom Will Be Decorated for Halloween 2020 Despite Not-So-Scary Party Cancellation, August 3, 2020
- Disney World’s 2020 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Has Been Canceled, June 19, 2020