It has only been open for a few months, but Disney is wasting no time in expanding Shanghai Disneyland. They have broken ground on what will become Toy Story Land.
Disney is looking to capitalize on the huge popularity in China of its amazingly successful Toy Story movie franchise. According to Disney, the expansion is being announced now, but actually began before the theme park opened in the early summer. Its anticipated open date is sometime in 2018.
Details about the new Toy Story Land are still a bitch sketchy, but we do know it will be a fully themed area with a Toy Story overlay and will include three major attractions and a themed character meet and greet area. It is unclear how similar it will be to the Toy Story Land being built at Disney World’s Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
As always, I’ll be updating this post with any further details as they are released.
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story)Jessie (Toy Story)Woody (Toy Story)
- What is Disney Doing for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary?, February 24, 2021
- When Will Disneyland Reopen?, February 23, 2021
- 2021 & 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available!, December 31, 2020
- Disney+ Upcoming Movies and Shows with Release Dates, July 28, 2020
- When Will Disney World Reopen?, April 20, 2020