Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Enchanted including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
A fairy tale comes to life in this thoroughly original, new Disney Classic. Drawing inspiration from its classic heritage, Disney creates an inspired story unlike any you’ve experienced before. Filled with excitement, fun, and incredible music from the legendary Alan Menken, ENCHANTED is the ultimate fish-out-of-water adventure. For princess-to-be Giselle, life is a fairy tale — until she’s banished from the animated land of Andalasia and thrust into the very unmagical, live-action world of modern-day Manhattan. When a cynical, no-nonsense divorce lawyer comes to her aid, little does he realize that this joyful, wide-eyed innocent is about to enchant him. This is the musical comedy that will have your entire family under its spell.
Enchanted Fun Facts
- The film was directed by Kevin Lima, who also directed “A Goofy Movie” and “Tarzan.”
- The lead character, Giselle, is played by Amy Adams, who was nominated for a Golden Globe for her performance.
- The film features several parodies of classic Disney animated films, including “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “Cinderella,” and “The Little Mermaid.”
- The role of Prince Edward was originally offered to Hugh Jackman, but he turned it down due to scheduling conflicts.
- The film’s budget was $85 million, which was the largest budget for a Walt Disney Pictures film at the time.
- The famous “Central Park” scene where Giselle and Robert dance together was shot in a single take, with over 500 extras.
- The character of Giselle was originally going to be played by Hollywood actress Reese Witherspoon, but she turned down the role.
- The film features several original songs written by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz, who also wrote the songs for “The Little Mermaid,” “Beauty and the Beast,” and “Pocahontas.”
- Amy Adams: Giselle
- Patrick Dempsey: Robert Philip
- James Marsden: Prince Edward
- Timothy Spall: Nathaniel
- Susan Sarandon: Queen Narissa
- Jeff Bennett and Kevin Lima: Pip
- Rachel Covey: Morgan Philip
- Idina Menzel: Nancy Tremaine
- Julie Andrews: the Narrator
- John Rothman: Carl
- Paige O’Hara: Angela
- Jodi Benson: Sam
- Isiah Whitlock Jr.: Ethan Banks
- Tonya Pinkins: Phoebe Banks
- Jon McLaughlin: a ballroom singer
- Emma Rose Lima: Bluebird and Fawn
- Teala Dunn: Bunny
- Fred Tatasciore: the Troll
- Frank Welker: Destiny
- Director: Kevin Lima
- Producers: Barry Josephson and Barry Sonnenfeld
- Music: Alan Menken