Splash Mountain (Disneyland)
Splash Mountain Description:
On Disneyland’s Splash Mountain, glide along a colorful bayou in a hollow log—past delightful singing critters—to a thrilling 5-story splashdown!
Gently drift past rocky caves, vine-strewn streams and sun-drenched meadows as you accompany happy-go-lucky Br’er Rabbit from his home in the Briar Patch on a search for his Laughing Place. But be warned: Br’er Bear and Br’er Fox are in hot pursuit of the roaming rabbit and they’ll do anything they can to catch him!
Much to See and Do
During your approximate 9-minute log-flume adventure, visit such whimsical watering holes amid Chick-A-Pin Hill as:
- Critter Cave
- the Fishing Place
- the Old Loop
- Br’er Fox’s Lair
- Br’er Rabbit’s home in the Briar Patch
Songs to Make You Sing
Splash Mountain invites you to clap and sing to several classic Disney songs, including:
- “Ev’rybody’s Got a Laughing Place”
- “How Do You Do?”
A Colorful Cast of Southern Characters
Over 100 talking, singing, storytelling Audio-Animatronics critters call Splash Mountain home. In addition to Br’er Fox, Br’er Bear and Br’er Rabbit, a cast of backwoods critters, including geese, frogs, raccoons, possums, bees and alligators offer up their own slice of southern hospitality during your adventure.
Splash Mountain Fun Facts and Statistics:
- Splash Mountain is based on the movie Song of the South; a movie Disney has refused to release since the 1980’s (when the ride opened).
- The original name of the ride was supposed to be Zip-a-Dee River Run, but the name was changed at the last minute to help promote the Disney (Touchstone) film Splash
- The ride’s climatic drop is 50 feet.
- Top ride speed is 40 mph.
- There are 950,000 gallons of water running through the ride.
- There is a hidden Mickey in the final scene of the ride. There is a pink cloud floating above the Zip-A-Dee-Lady riverboat that looks like Mickey laying on his back.
- If you want to get really wet on this ride, sit in the front. If you are looking for less of a soaking, sit in the rear of the ride vehicle.
- A number of the animatronics in this ride were re-purposed from the America Sings show in Disneyland.
Photo by Raelene G
Disney Character(s) in this Post:Br’er Bear (Song of the South)
- Disney Announces It Will Fast-Track Splash Mountain Princess and the Frog Redesign, November 17, 2020
- Splash Mountain to Be Rethemed to ‘Princess and the Frog’!, June 26, 2020
- New Adventures with Princess Tiana Coming to Disneyland Park and Magic Kingdom Park,
- The Complicated History Of Disneyland’s Splash Mountain And Song of the South, June 15, 2020
- Petition Asks Disney Parks To Re-Theme Splash Mountain, And It Has The Perfect Candidate, June 11, 2020
- Funko Splash Mountain POP! Rides Figure Coming Exclusively to Disney Parks, August 15, 2018
- New sponsor coming to Walt Disney World’s Splash Mountain, July 25, 2018