Soarin’ Around the World (Disney World Ride)
Here is everything you need to know about Walt Disney World’s Epcot’s Soarin’ Around the World ride including history, fun facts, photos and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Soarin’ Ride Description:
Take flight on a breezy, airborne adventure as you hang glide above some of the most breathtaking wonders the world has to offer.
Depart on an all-new journey through the sky, flying high from one extraordinary landmark to the next. It’s Soarin’ Around the World!
An Exhilarating International Adventure
Through the bright lights and glowing halls of a newly designed concourse awaits a tour like no other. Passengers, prepare for liftoff—you’re about to visit some of the planet’s most awe-inspiring destinations!
No mountain is too high. No landscape is too far. Whether you’re soaring above man-made marvels like the majestic Great Wall of China, cruising over natural sights like Iguazu Falls in South America or swooping past sailboats on Australia’s spectacular Sydney Harbour, this is your chance to experience the joy of hang gliding as you never have before.
So get ready—and strap yourselves in for this epic re-imagining of a beloved Future World attraction!
Live the Dream of Flying
In the grand Disney tradition, Imagineers pulled out all the stops to make fantasy reality, bringing the feeling of flight to life using a 180-degree, 80-foot IMAX projection dome and aerially captured footage that simulates the graceful motion of a hang glider.
Spectacular new digital projection technology lifts the sensation to new heights of brilliance. Thrill as you’re raised 40 feet in the air, engulfed in the stunning panoramas and swept from one scenic locale to the next!
Soarin’ Ride Fun Facts and Statistics:
Soarin’ Around the World replaced Soarin’ over California in 2016.
The movie part of the ride last roughly 4:45.
Number of guests that the Soarin theater accommodates: 40
Size of the Soarin projection screen: 80 feet
Height that guests are elevated to watch the film: 40 feet
Locations visited in the ride’s movie:
- Matterhorn in Switzerland
- Isfjord, Greenland
- Sydney Harbor in Sydney, Australia
- Neuschwanstein Castle in Bavaria, Germany
- Kilimanjaro National Park and Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania
- The Great Wall of China
- The Pyramids in Egypt
- Taj Mahal in Uttar Pradesh, India
- West and East Mitten Buttes in Monument Valley, Arizona
- Lau Islands, Fiji
- Iguazu Falls, Argentina
- Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Epcot
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages for 2023 Now Available!
- A Complete Rundown of Epcot Changes from 2019-2022
- 10 Things You Should Be Excited For At Walt Disney World in 2022
- The Main Benefits of Genie Plus at Walt Disney World (yes, there are a few)
- 2022 Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Details | Disney World Resources