Here is everything you need to know about the amazing Disney movie Alice in Wonderland including casting, reviews, fun facts and more. I hope you find this listing informative and helpful!
Alice in Wonderland Description
In Disney’s animated classic Alice in Wonderland, join Alice as she chases the White Rabbit and journeys into a topsy-turvy world that gets “curiouser and curiouser” as her fantastical adventures unfold. Meet the Mad Hatter, March Hare, Tweedledee & Tweedledum, the Cheshire Cat, the Queen of Hearts and more unforgettable characters, all set against a backdrop of awe-inspiring splendor.
Alice in Wonderland Fun Facts
- Kathryn Beaumont, who voiced Alice, also provided the voice for Wendy in Peter Pan.
- The character of Alice was animated to resemble the actress who portrayed her in the live-action segments of the film, named Kathryn Beaumont.
- Walt Disney personally selected the voice actors for the film, which included such talented performers as Ed Wynn, Sterling Holloway, and Verna Felton.
- The iconic Cheshire Cat’s grin is the last thing to disappear in the film’s final shot.
- The film was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Score.
- The movie has been adapted into numerous stage productions, including an operetta and a ballet.
- The Mad Hatter’s design was inspired by a combination of Lewis Carroll’s description in the book and Walt Disney’s own fascination with top hats.
Alice in Wonderland Cast:
- Kathryn Beaumont: Alice
- Ed Wynn: Mad Hatter
- Jerry Colonna: March Hare
- Richard Haydn: Caterpillar
- Sterling Holloway: Cheshire Cat
- Verna Felton: Queen of Hearts
- J. Pat O’Malley: Tweedledum and Tweedledee/Walrus and Carpenter/Mother Oyster
- Bill Thompson: White Rabbit/The Dodo
- Heather Angel: Alice’s sister
- Joseph Kearns: Doorknob
- Larry Grey: Bill the Lizard/Card Painter
- Queenie Leonard: A Bird in a Tree/Snooty Flower
- Dink Trout: King of Hearts
- Doris Lloyd: The Rose
- Jimmy MacDonald: Dormouse
- The Mellomen (Thurl Ravenscroft, Bill Lee, Max Smith, and Bob Hamlin): Card Painters
- Don Barclay: Other Cards
- Lucille Bliss: Flowers
- Pinto Colvig: Flamingos
- Tommy Luske: Young Pansy
- Marni Nixon: Singing Flowers
- Norma Zimmer: White Rose
Alice in Wonderland Crew:
- Directors: Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson and Hamilton Luske
- Producer: Walt Disney
- Writers: Milt Banta, Del Connell, William Cottrell, Joe Grant, Winston Hibler, Dick Huemer, Dick Kelsey, Tom Oreb, Bill Peet, Erdman Penner, Joe Rinaldi, Ted Sears and John Walbridge
- Music: Oliver Wallace
Alice in Wonderland Details
Alice in Wonderland Trailer:
- In a World of My Own (Song)
- Alice in Wonderland (Song)
- All in the Golden Afternoon (Song)
- I’m Late (Song)
- The Sailor’s (Song)
- The Walrus and the Carpenter (Song)
- Very Good Advice (Song)