Maelstrom (Epcot) | Extinct Disney World Attractions
Maelstrom was a dark ride located in Epcot’s Norway pavilion from 1988-2014. It was a flume (water) ride which took riders through Norway’s history. Maelstrom was closed in 2014 to make way for Frozen Ever After as Disney looked to give their hit movies more of a presence in Epcot as they had in other Disney World parks.
Maelstrom Ride Video:
Here’s a look at the ride experience from back in the day..
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Epcot
- What is Disney Doing for Disney World’s 50th Anniversary?, February 24, 2021
- When Will Disneyland Reopen?, February 23, 2021
- 2021 & 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available!, December 31, 2020
- Disney+ Upcoming Movies and Shows with Release Dates, July 28, 2020
- When Will Disney World Reopen?, April 20, 2020