The Mandalorian (Disney+ Star Wars Series)
Disney and Lucasfilm recently announced a new Star Wars series coming to their new Disney+ streaming service. The Mandalorian will be an exclusive series for the new service, which is set to launch in late 2019. Here is what we currently know about the show.
The Mandalorian Plot
After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.
Fun Facts and Statistics:
- The series reportedly will cost $100 million to produce the first 10 episodes
- Production of the series began in October 2018
- Although it has not been confirmed by Lucasfilm, this series seemingly replaces the once-planned, but now canceled Bob Fett stand-alone movie
Mandalorian Star Wars Celebration Panel Video:
- Star Wars Mandalore Explained: What is the Planet Boba Fett and the Mandalorian Call Home?
- Bryce Dallas Howard Opens Up on Directing Star Wars: The Mandalorian
- The Mandalorian expected to get second season
- Star Wars: Pedro Pascal Is The Mandalorian… Thanks to Oscar Isaac
- Disney Plans Unified October Merchandise Launch For ‘Frozen’ And ‘Star Wars,’ With Push For ‘Mandalorian’ Spinoff On Disney+