Walt Disney World Railroad (Disney World Ride)
Walt Disney World Railroad Ride Description:
Embark on a relaxing 20-minute, 1.5-mile scenic tour onboard an authentic steam-powered train. Listen to the clamor of the engine, the chug of the wheels and the call of the whistle as you travel aboard the train. Offering convenient stops at Main Street, U.S.A., Frontierland and Fantasyland, it’s the perfect way to preview the magic at Magic Kingdom park and take in the picturesque scenery. The Walt Disney World Railroad is also a handy way to get around quickly and easily. And because the trains are scheduled to arrive at each station every 4 to 10 minutes at most times throughout the day, you never have to worry about waiting a long time to ride one.
Fun Facts and Statistics:
- There are 4 meticulously restored, working narrow-gauge trains you can ride, originally built between 1916 and 1928.
- Walter E. Disney
- Roy O. Disney
- Lilly Belle, named after Walt’s wife, Lillian
- Roger E. Broggie, named after an original Imagineer who led the railroad project at Walt Disney World Resort
- Each locomotive includes 4 sets of passenger cars; each train holds 375 people.
- It takes roughly 20 minutes to travel around the park in the train.
- The ride sees an estimated 3.7 million passengers per year.
Ride Experience Video:
Disney Park(s) in this Post:Magic Kingdom Park
- More Railroad Tunnel Roof Installed, Construction Continues on Walkways of TRON Lightcycle Run at Magic Kingdom, May 17, 2022
- Refurbished Walter E. Disney Train Engine Testing Near Storybook Circus at Magic Kingdom, March 25, 2022
- Walt Disney World Railroad to Begin Testing TODAY, December 9, 2021
- Disney World Railroad Closure EXTENDED into 2022, October 27, 2021
- Main Street USA Train Station Platform refurbishment now complete, October 23, 2021