Updated 7/21/17: Just a reminder that Disney will be premiering Descendants 2 on not just the Disney Channel, but also on ABC, Disney XD, Freeform and Lifetime- TONIGHT!. The premiere event will take place 8pm ET. Enjoy the show and leave a comment below afterwards with your review!
Updated 7/1/17: Disney has announced that the Descendants 2 DVD will be released on August 15th.
Updated 6/14/17: Well, Disney has created a catchy way to remember the name of one of the newest Disney Descendants 2 villain. Here is your official intro to Uma….Descendants-style:
Updated 5/1/17: The first song from the new Disney Descendants 2 movie, Ways to be Wicked, is out and the video is now available. Have a look/listen:
Update 4/25/17: In what must be one of the biggest cross-channel promotions for a movie ever, Disney will be premiering Descendants 2 on not just the Disney Channel, but also on ABC, Disney XD, Freeform and Lifetime. The premiere event will take place on Friday, July 21 at 8pm. More details about this huge event can be found on Deadline.com.
Updated 4/21/17: We now have a pretty full cast list. Here is a rundown:
- Dove Cameron as Mal, daughter of Maleficent
- Cameron Boyce as Carlos, son of Cruella de Vil
- Sofia Carson as Evie, daughter of the Evil Queen
- Booboo Stewart as Jay, son of Jafar
- Mitchell Hope as Ben, King of Auradon, son of Belle and Beast
- China Anne McClain as Uma, daughter of Ursula
- Thomas Doherty as Harry, son of Captain Hook
- Dylan Playfair as Gil, son of Gaston
- Anna Cathcart as Dizzy, daughter of Drizella
- Dianne Doan as Lonnie, daughter of Mulan
- Zachary Gibson as Doug, son of Dopey
- Brenna D’Amico as Jane, daughter of Fairy Godmother
- Jedidiah Goodacre as Chad, son of Cinderella
- Melanie Paxson as Fairy Godmother
We also have a crew listing for the upcoming movie:
- Director: Kenny Ortega
- Executive Producers: Kenny Ortega, Wendy Japhet, Sara Parriott and Josann McGibbon
- Writers: Sara Parriott and Josann McGibbon
- Choreographers: Kenny Ortega and Tony Testa
- Producer: Shawn Williamson
- Production Designer: Mark Hofeling
- Costume Designer: Kara Saun
- Director of Photography: Mark Irwin
- Hairstylist: Debra Johnson
- Makeup Artist: Tana Moldovanos
- Editor: Don Brochu
- Casting Directors: Jason La Padura, Natalie Hart, Kendra Patterson and Candice Elzinga
- Composer: David Lawrence
- Production Company: Bad Angels Production
Updated 4/12/17: Disney has released a track listing for the Descendants 2 soundtrack, which will be available this Friday, April 14th!
“Descendants 2” Soundtrack Track List:
- “Ways to Be Wicked” performed by Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce and Booboo Stewart
- “What’s My Name” performed by China Anne McClain, Thomas Doherty and Dylan Playfair
- “Chillin’ Like a Villain” performed by Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart and Mitchell Hope
- “Space Between” performed by Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson
- “It’s Goin’ Down” performed by Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart, China Anne McClain, Mitchell Hope, Thomas Doherty and Dylan Playfair
- “You and Me” performed by Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart, Mitchell Hope and Jeff Lewis
- “Kiss the Girl” performed by Dove Cameron, Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart, China Anne McClain and Thomas Doherty
- “Poor Unfortunate Souls” performed by China Anne McClain
- “Better Together” performed by Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson
- “Evil” Performed by Dove Cameron
- “Rather Be with You” performed by Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson
Updated 2/3/17: Yet another Descendants 2 trailer has been released. This latest clip spotlights the newest junior villains: Thomas Doherty as the son of Captain Hook, Dylan Playfair as the son of Gaston and China Anne McClain as the daughter of Ursula. Have a look:
Updated 1/14/17: We have a new Descendants 2 teaser trailer. Here you go:
Update 11/25/16: Disney has released another Descendants 2 Teaser video. This time, they take us behind the scenes of the heavily-anticipated Disney Channel movie sequel:
Update: 9/17/16: Thanks to the Disney Style blog, we now have our first look at the characters of Descendants 2 and a plot synopsis. Here is a quick look at the cast:
And here is a quick snippet about the plot for the latest Descendants installment:
The story deepens in the music-driven sequel to the global smash hit “Descendants,” as the teenage sons and daughters of Disney’s most infamous villains—Mal, Evie, Carlos and Jay (also known as Villain Kids or VKs)—try to find their place in idyllic Auradon. When the pressure to be royally perfect becomes too much for Mal, she returns to her rotten roots on the Isle of the Lost where her archenemy Uma, the daughter of Ursula, has taken her spot as self-proclaimed queen of the run-down town. Uma, still resentful over not being selected by Ben to go to Auradon Prep with the other Villain Kids, stirs her pirate gang including Captain Hook’s son Harry and Gaston’s son Gil, to break the barrier between the Isle of the Lost and Auradon, and unleash all the villains imprisoned on the Isle, once and for all.
Update 8/22/16: Disney has announced two additions to the Descendants 2 movie cast. Thomas Doherty will be playing Harry, Captain Hook’s son and Dylan Playfair will be cast as Gil, Gaston’s son. I will be sure to post more news here as it becomes available.
Update 7/15/16: Just to whet your appetite a bit, The Disney Channel has released a new teaser video for the upcoming “Descendants 2.” Have a look:
Original Post 6/10/16: The Disney Channel announced today that they will be releasing a sequel to their very popular tween cable TV movie from 2015.
“Descendants 2” continues the story of the original which focused on the teenage children of Disney Villains Maleficant, The Evil Queen, Jafar and Cruella De Vil and their quest to steal the Fairy Godmother’s wand and free their parents. For the reboot, all of the original cast and crew appear to be returning along with a new character, Uma (Ursula’s daughter), who joins the cast.
“Descendants 2” begins filming soon and is scheduled for release in 2017. I’ll keep an eye out for further info and post updates here, when I see something.